Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Yellow Wings bag
Topic Started: Feb 1 2018, 06:37 PM (172 Views)
admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Which McCartney/Wings singles sported the custom yellow Wings bag?

AH
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I know about Hi hi hi and Give Ireland back for sure.

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm thinking that's the only two, but wasn't sure?

AH

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, I was also thinking these are the only two. Occasionally you might see others but that are probably swaps.

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was talking to a dealer in Brighton recently who claimed that he bought a copy of Apple of my eye that came from the shop in this bag!

AH

muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i always thought that any of them could come in the Yellow sleeve up until during 1974 when plain whites took over. Juniors Farm would be around the cut off point although plain white was certainly the more common by the time you get to 74.

However that does not mean they all came exclusively in the yellow bag, some titles could have come in that or plain whites, Live & let Die mostly comes in a black apple bag i believe though.

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheers Henry

AH

liverpool0561
Level 1
[ * ]
I can confirm that Jet/Let Me Roll It U.K. Apple came in the yellow wings bag as I bought it when it came out and still have it to this day

Regards to all - Liverpool0561

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have seen jet in this bag, wasn't sure if it was a swap. Thanks.

AH

muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
liverpool0561
Feb 3 2018, 06:22 PM
I can confirm that Jet/Let Me Roll It U.K. Apple came in the yellow wings bag as I bought it when it came out and still have it to this day

Regards to all - Liverpool0561
thks i was getting worried but this does back up my thoughts that the bag lived into 1974, for 40+ years up until now i never thought that that was open to debate !! phew .....

FWIW i do not think i ever bought a new 45 in a wings bag - mine were all plain white - but i was finding 74 singles in wings bags very shortly after, i used to have a sat job in a used record shop in the mid 70's and thats where i would see them

Still have a lot of lovely records i bought from that shop, blue text electric ladyland 40 yrs before i knew about the significance of a blue text, and got my first LIB box set with export parl sleeve, upgraded all the box bits since but still have that lovely export sleeve

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Singles and EPs · Next Topic »
Add Reply