Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Website change?
Topic Started: Jan 27 2018, 08:45 PM (262 Views)
rsinige
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
What has happened to the site now?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The people who provide the Web forum were bought by another company and they phased out the older design, migrating the forum to their new style. I did try to hold it off as long as possible as I was worried it may lose what's been posted here but they suddenly did it anyway. Luckily nothing seems to have gone.

AurelianDE
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Anybody tried the (new) search function? It doesn't seem to work. I couldn't find what I knew was there (and correctly found via Google-search).
Some of the colours are strang, don't you think?

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Any way of changing the look of the site? The colours are making my eyes bleed!

AH

AurelianDE
Level 2
[ *  * ]
admiral halsey
Jan 29 2018, 06:09 PM
The colours are making my eyes bleed!
AH
Yes. That's why I wrote they are "strang". Erm, that should have been "strange" in my post above. Especially the orang. :ermm:

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It's taking some adjustment, but I've figured out that when there is a piece of paper sticking out of a folder, there is an unread post. That simplifies things.

beeb
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Like a few Beatles' LP jackets the colour scheme design is in need of some help. Otherwise - OK!

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
As it's a free board, their templates for colour change are zero. There is a customisation option but I'm apprehensive in case I mess something up and we lose everything.

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Agreed Mike. We'll adjust to the weird colors soon enough, and it would be really bad if all the old threads vanished.

muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
socorro
Jan 30 2018, 05:45 AM
It's taking some adjustment, but I've figured out that when there is a piece of paper sticking out of a folder, there is an unread post. That simplifies things.
thks for that - that is helpful, i'm slowly getting used to it all, and the search engine hasn't worked for years for many of us anyway !!!

it is definitely a better look - aside from the colours lol !!

and i don't have to shrink the pages to zero to see all of a posted photo anymore !!

AurelianDE
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Does anyone know if the PMs work as usual? I dropped the Admiral a note asking him to remove spam (in the off topic area) if that's possible. I don't know if he got it???

admiral halsey
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sorry for the delay. I have deleted these. Mike advised me some time ago to be careful with these. I think there may have been some virus risk.

AH

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
One time with the spam posts I opened it up and got a virus warning flash up on my comp. Luckily Avast caught it immediately. But through the many years this forum has been up this is the only time (to my knowledge) this has happened.

AurelianDE
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Thank you! (I see PMs are working, everything fine!)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Website Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply