Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sgt Pepper 1 Box/2 Box Crossover
Topic Started: Dec 5 2017, 10:27 PM (212 Views)
socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's a fun find.

A UK copy of Sgt. Pepper with crossover labels. Sleeve, disc and insert are all immaculate.

Side 1:

Posted Image

Side 2:

Posted Image

Further proof that I do not harbor irrational hatred for the UK pressings.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rsinige
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Nice, I do like stuff like this!!

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Would this be evidence to place the "KITE!" version after the "KITE !" version ? Y/b had "KITE !"...

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I did not know that, but what you say makes sense.

I also had one of those occasional moments when I realized that most people would read this thread and conclude that we were all crazy.

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
socorro,Dec 6 2017
06:15 PM
I also had one of those occasional moments when I realized that most people would read this thread and conclude that we were all crazy.

Take a beer or go see a psychiatrist before you turn normal. If that doesn't help, sell your crossover copy to me and remember your irrational hatred for UK pressings.

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Are those my only choices?

Jae
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
I love crossover labels! In context they can tell you so much more that what's at face value.

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here is another interesting Sgt Pepper crossover, although it's rather expensive:http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...lobalID=EBAY-NL
Side 1 has SIUK and has the very rare, different font. Side 2 has the standard font and no SIUK. I have a copy with rare font on side 2 and standard SIUK on side 1. Same stampers, so this was a small batch were they combined different labels. Actually, I prefer the version with the rare font on both sides, it's a tough one to find.

pvedsted
Member Avatar
Level 2
[ *  * ]
I have a copy nearly like yours Servi, only the opposite - rare font on side 1 and normal on side two. It does have the exact same stampers though.

I also have a copy with the rare font on both sides which has GOO 3/GOP 1

Preben

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Preben, quite amazing that the crossover occured reversely for the same set of stampers. They must have combined 2 batches of different labels for both side 1 and side 2.

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
pvedsted,Dec 7 2017
10:03 PM
I also have a copy with the rare font on both sides which has GOO 3/GOP 1

Mine has 2 GOM/1 GOP. This shows that only a very small number of stampers was involved with the rare font Pepper.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Your Little Gems! · Next Topic »
Add Reply