Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One Small Problem On Ebay, Hope Someone
Topic Started: Nov 28 2017, 05:28 AM (158 Views)
jensenbreck
Level 1
[ * ]
Hi everyone,

I've been using Camino as my regular browser for about a year now. I have tried Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome and still like Camino the best. I think it loads faster and works faster than any of the others. I will keep using it.

However, I have one strange problem that I haven't been able to find a workaround (other than to open Safari). When I try to look at an auction on eBay that is in the WWII category, I can't view it and get an error message telling me:

"Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay."

I called ebay about it when this first happened and they told me that they block some countries like Germany from viewing WWII items (who knows why exactly and I don't care why exactly) but that I shouldn't be having that problem as I am in the U.S. So they suggested I use another browser and that took care of the problem.

While on Facebook, I kept getting a question asking if I wanted to change my settings to UK English instead of American English (hah) and since it asked me every time I went on FB, I finally just said okay so it would leave me alone. But between that and the problem on eBay which is more important since I list items there and can't view them in my Camino browser, I feel I must have some setting or something that shows that I'm visiting from some other country than the U.S. I have pinged myself however and it shows U.S. so I don't understand what is going on. If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know and I'll try it. Otherwise, I'll keep using Camino except when I have to open Safari to view my ebay items.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1957961

product launch
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · eBay Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply