Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What Am I Doing Wrong?
Topic Started: Nov 12 2017, 12:06 PM (185 Views)
Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
For some reason, for the last two weeks now, my stuff has has gotten barely any attention at all. I was doing really well right up until the clocks went back for daylight savings and since then I'm lucky to get double-digit views on my listings, let alone any watchers. It's just a complete opposite to what I've usually had.

In the last 3 weeks I've sold 2 records.

Is there anything you know of that's changed? Is there a new option to get more exposure across all the eBay sites? I really don't know what to do and, financially, it's hitting me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fkmiller
Level 2
[ *  * ]
time of year mike? moneys usually(certainly for me) kinda tight the 8 weeks running to xmas. my buying stops end of october as a rule.i go crazy when i see the prices of things going as iv'e watched and missed out.santas a myth unfortunately,we parents have to dig deeper.

muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ebay are making a lot of unhelpful changes at the mo mainly around this awful seller hub which makes life harder not easier and a lot of minor faults have developed across the site, i would not be surprised if it is having a knock on effect on viewings affecting the search engine etc, who knows

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
My views are appallingly low and watchers are just 1 or 2 for each item. I did sell a couple on Sunday and all of them were to UK addresses when, usually, I get a varied worldwide spread of sales. I'm wondering if eBay have done something so listings aren't being viewed on an international scale.

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Mike,Nov 13 2017
09:36 PM
My views are appallingly low and watchers are just 1 or 2 for each item. I did sell a couple on Sunday and all of them were to UK addresses when, usually, I get a varied worldwide spread of sales. I'm wondering if eBay have done something so listings aren't being viewed on an international scale.

I have the same suspicion. My search function using the ebay app does not show everything, not even when I select "location - worldwide". Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have a feeling that I am missing something.

1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
eBay is very much like the governments of the world
it's a great system but it's run by retards
The last time I sold I took a hit of around 50% of normal value
I even saw lesser condition items achieve better prices at the same time of listing for the same variation
often I have seen items being sold for ridiculous prices; with, if not for one dubious bid; the item would have sold for a reasonable price. eg one bid pushes the price too 100 instead of a sale price at 20.
This may be due to two bidders fighting it out or on some close inspection a bid from an interested party has pushed the price up.
I for one prefer to sell and leave the result in the lap of the God's
but there are some sellers who i am astonished at the amount of bids and price they achieve.
However, 'BIDS OFF THE WALL' is a common practice in auction houses and i have seen evidence of this on eBay too.
eBay could monitor this more closely with computer algorithms
but ultimately, you can be a winner as well as a looser as buyer or seller

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
One thing that really annoys me is when someone bids high and the price is up at 100 or so, then retracts their bid the day before the listing ends, knocking it way back to 10. Thanks for that - all those potential bidders who skipped over the listing because the price was too high...

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's a possible culprit. Ebay recently made some system updates, and now when I use my work computer (unheard of, I know) the location filter defaults back to ebay.com after every search, instead of staying worldwide. This means I have to scroll down and click on worldwide before each search.

I bet lots of US users don't bother or forget. If your stuff is not visible on ebay.com, but is visible on worldwide settings, you should make a stink about this. I have.

The weird thing is that it my home computer still works correctly, and I use the same browser on each.

muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
heard from somebody else today whose ebay sales and numbers of watchers have fallen off a cliff.....

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did it happen when the clocks went back for us? That's when I found my views and watchers had taken a complete nosedive.

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Mike, when I click your signature it says "item removed"...
Another problem I have is when I click on "seller's other items" I often get nothing (in the ebay app). Also worldwide searching is really terrible. I have a feeling I am missing out on a lot of items...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · eBay Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply