Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Power To The People Uk 72 Ridged & Solid; the first i've seen on any emi 45
Topic Started: Nov 4 2017, 08:04 PM (169 Views)
muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
this is an oddity i've found, although from the pics it resembles an 80's press in the flesh it is a 72 matt apple labelled pressing with as a bonus a 1G mother stamper.

The only thing i can think of is that is a ridged emi funny that would normally be punched as a push out but avoided the puncher ( a bit like those odd and rare Decca solid centres of the sixties )

take a look :-

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Garfield
Member Avatar
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
What about complete pics ???

muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Garfield,Nov 5 2017
06:57 AM
What about complete pics ???

since photobucket decided to take their ball away unless you pay 400 dollars its less easy to do load pics but here are the unedited ones

Posted Image

Posted Image

the extra inner ring on one side is however a new feature, btw disc has the standard pre 73 solid centre flat edge, not the tapered edge found on the polo ringed push outs for example

its basically a standard emi 66-72 solid with the extra rings added !!

1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
I too only have this in the solid version not push out
also have a mispress of this pressing with a'side labels to both sides

Garfield
Member Avatar
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks for the comlete pics .

muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
1970grave,Nov 5 2017
01:42 PM
I too only have this in the solid version not push out
also have a mispress of this pressing with a'side labels to both sides

ACTUALLY THAT MISPRESS IS the norm on the originals, its probably not really a mispress but intended to be a double a side, the mispress happens in the mid 70's and on when open your box gets the a side label and power to the b side but they are just as common. Original double a push outs are very hard to find though...

but Has yours got that inner ridge ?

1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
yes. i am talking about the ridge pressings
the MISPRESS i have with the inner ridge - small polo has 'Power To The People' labels on both sides

muffmasterh
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
1970grave,Nov 6 2017
08:49 AM
yes. i am talking about the ridge pressings
the MISPRESS i have with the inner ridge - small polo has 'Power To The People' labels on both sides

there is a big difference to the above to the polo ringed pressings - although that may not be obvious from the pictures as it seems to combine attributes of both the ridged pressings and the polo's, however the disc having a flat edge is pure emi pre polo.

All the " mispressings " with the non double A side labels will have the polo rings ( until well into the 80's anyway ). with a large ring one side and smaller on the other as these were from the mid-70's on.

Am i right in saying yours will have white b side apple labels to both sides as both sides are " power " ??

1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
No - I think i explained correctly
I have the exact same pressing has you have posted, Henry
with the very small polo ring - not the standard large and small polo ring pressings which are quite common
I also have a MISPRESS with full apple labels of 'Power To The People' to both sides of the disc - and again - to one side the very very very small polo ring
I will agree with you - these pressings are super rare and i have only seen four - including yours in 35 years of collecting
excellent find

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · New Variations · Next Topic »
Add Reply