Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Capitol Pepper's L.a. One Line Title Oddity
Topic Started: Oct 27 2017, 10:51 PM (188 Views)
meaning-less
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
I am awaiting delivery of SPLHCB Capitol Rainbow label, SMAS-2653.
Side 1 is on the small print one line title label, non subsidiary.
Side 2 is also on the small print one line title label but HAS the subsidiary label!
I believe this is an L.A. pressing. How could these two one line title labels appear on the same record with one being a subsidiary label and the other not?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bruno
Member Avatar
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Ive found many Capitol Beatles albums that have one side Non subsidiary and the other subsidiary. Those labels were issued in 1968 and occasionally older style labels were mismatched with "new" labels as supplies and inventory of old labels were still available.

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice one. I'm a fan of crossovers. I don't have any subsidiary/non-subsidiary, probably because I don't focus on the US records. I'm waiting for a bracket/oval copy of ITB to fall into my lap too.

namralos
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The only difference is the label blanks, and they looked close enough to one another that the printer didn't care.

I often see no-sub/sub albums, but I have never seen one with a black label on one side and a green label on the other. Those difference were noticeable, and Capitol wouldn't have allowed them.

meaning-less
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
The mismatched labels are fairly common but what I found odd are the one line titles on both sides.

rsinige
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
The biggest mismatch I have is a uk stereo with the Beatles. It has 2 side 2 labels, 1 is the final yellow and black Parlophone with Gramophone rims but without sold in U.K. statement, the other is a one box emi black and silver. A big mistake!!

meaning-less
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
An update on this One-Line Title, Subsidiary-Non Subsidiary Capitol Pepper's LP.
This is as I suspected an L.A. pressed LP.
We have established the non-matching, sub/none sub labels are fairly common. However it's known that the Capitol Rainbow one line title SPLHCB on the non-subsidiary label is relatively interesting to collectors while the subsidiary one line title is not.
In effect, I have a collectable on one side and a not so collectible on the other. Agreed?

namralos
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
All the LA copies with sub print have the title on one line ("small print"), whereas most of the copies from 1967-68 don't. It's collectible because of the time when it came out.

meaning-less
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Frank, have you seen many of these specific mismatched, one line title examples, sub-non sub?

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
rsinige,Oct 28 2017
10:04 AM
The biggest mismatch I have is a uk stereo with the Beatles. It has 2 side 2 labels, 1 is the final yellow and black Parlophone with Gramophone rims but without sold in U.K. statement, the other is a one box emi black and silver. A big mistake!!

That's a great find. I suspect such examples are rare because the mismatch is so easy to spot.

namralos
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The one-line version ("small print") is known without the sub print only from Los Angeles plant. It may exist from Scranton, but none have obviously surfaced. The small print subsidiary label exists from LA and Scranton, with Scranton being more common.

Here's a Scranton copy...https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Beatles-Sgt-Pe...K4AAOSwAaJaC5zH

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Albums · Next Topic »
Add Reply