Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ebay Refunding Money - Item Not Received
Topic Started: Mar 30 2017, 08:51 AM (495 Views)
1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
I've just had a blemmer of a message from eBay
I sold a Ringo Starr 'Photograph' DEMO label - in my opinion the hardest to find of all apple demos.
The buyer was from Japan - and has been a good purchaser in the past
I stated that the record had been un-played and was being sold 'FOR THE RARITY OF THE LABEL'.
This disclaimer supersedes eBays return policy as it is the final T&C of sale before purchasing - in a sense 'buyer beware'
So, I have tracked the item and it has had 'RETENTION' in a Coventry Depot for the last 12 days
I have not received the item
eBay have now informed me that a refund has been given of 260 - yet I have not received the item to check that the item is in fact the disc I sent and that it has not been damaged
So, to date, I am without my property, 20 down on postage costs and I hope no import duties are awaiting in the future.
Well done eBay - another debacle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Have you tried phoning the Coventry depot to see if they can find it?

yellowsubmariner
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
1970grave,Mar 30 2017
08:51 AM
I've just had a blemmer of a message from eBay
I sold a Ringo Starr 'Photograph' DEMO label - in my opinion the hardest to find of all apple demos.
The buyer was from Japan - and has been a good purchaser in the past
I stated that the record had been un-played and was being sold 'FOR THE RARITY OF THE LABEL'.
This disclaimer supersedes eBays return policy as it is the final T&C of sale before purchasing - in a sense 'buyer beware'
So, I have tracked the item and it has had 'RETENTION' in a Coventry Depot for the last 12 days
I have not received the item
eBay have now informed me that a refund has been given of 260 - yet I have not received the item to check that the item is in fact the disc I sent and that it has not been damaged
So, to date, I am without my property, 20 down on postage costs and I hope no import duties are awaiting in the future.
Well done eBay - another debacle

So is the item retained on the outward journey to Japan or the journey back?

I would have thought the buyer, if he was a good one, would have contacted you as soon as he received it to say he was unhappy with it.

In all of my overseas sales, I have found the Japanese buyers to be the most courteous and respectful...

1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Yes, I will agree 100% - my very good friends in Japan have been excellent to deal with on my sales.
I finally had to drive 15 miles to the nearest postal depot......
and had to pay 40 import duties as my property was ticked as a GIFT (and therefore classed as goods) and NOT the return of PRIVATE PROPERTY.

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
1970grave,Apr 3 2017
01:17 PM
Yes, I will agree 100% - my very good friends in Japan have been excellent to deal with on my sales.
I finally had to drive 15 miles to the nearest postal depot......
and had to pay 40 import duties as my property was ticked as a GIFT (and therefore classed as goods) and NOT the return of PRIVATE PROPERTY.

you can appeal that, you have the record of correspondence showing that it was returned goods, its hard work but can be done.

1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Thanks Henry
That is the route i shall take
I've tried it before but hit a brick wall

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
1970grave,Apr 3 2017
02:52 PM
Thanks Henry
That is the route i shall take
I've tried it before but hit a brick wall

i have been successful in the past but i am not sure if it was because i queried it before i paid out, its been a while. anyway good luck !!

1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
The 3 options i had at the sorting office
1. pay our extortion fees to have 'your' property
2. we shall keep 'your' property until you hit your head against a brick wall with our mafia department called customs
3. take 'your' property and give them the option to make a claim against you
please note that the last option may involve another mafia department called the police being called.

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
1970grave,Apr 4 2017
12:43 PM
The 3 options i had at the sorting office
1. pay our extortion fees to have 'your' property
2. we shall keep 'your' property until you hit your head against a brick wall with our mafia department called customs
3. take 'your' property and give them the option to make a claim against you
please note that the last option may involve another mafia department called the police being called.

i liked the sound of option 3 myself....seriously though they didn't really give u that option did they ??

jimboo
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Sold a record to Japan and three months later it arrived back at my door. Contacted the buyer and he said he was out the two times a delivery was attempted. Undelivered items returned by surface mail. Then forwarded the price of of postage so I could send ti again. As an aside new stylus arrived from China today with Adult Toy Accessory on the customs form description

1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
'notice of mistake' sent to the mafia
shall inform you of their reply in due course

fab4
Level 1
[ * ]
This is a really odd story. eBay / PayPal generally do not issue refunds until whatever has been returned has been received by the seller. Once received and the condition verified the seller notifies eBay to refund the purchase price. Also the buyer has to notify eBay of the intention to return the item and eBay then notifies the seller. If I were you I would have contacted eBay and tell them to replace the refund until you have physically inspected the item. You could pay the extra fees to get it out of customs or send it back and get them to fill in the paperwork correctly. Also definitely get on to eBay about the improper withdrawal of your money!!!

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
fab4,Apr 13 2017
01:06 AM
This is a really odd story. eBay / PayPal generally do not issue refunds until whatever has been returned has been received by the seller. Once received and the condition verified the seller notifies eBay to refund the purchase price. Also the buyer has to notify eBay of the intention to return the item and eBay then notifies the seller. If I were you I would have contacted eBay and tell them to replace the refund until you have physically inspected the item. You could pay the extra fees to get it out of customs or send it back and get them to fill in the paperwork correctly. Also definitely get on to eBay about the improper withdrawal of your money!!!

i agree, it is very odd, ebay will only refund if the buyer escalates the case, and even then if the buyer cannot demonstrate safe return then ebay should ( should ) find in the sellers favour.

escalating a case is risky for a buyer cos if they lose the case then in theory any refund then becomes in the gift of the seller.

A buyer does not HAVE to open a return case but if the buyer returns the item and then feels they have to escalate a case for whatever reason they can then retroactively open a case so long as they are not timed out, I prefer to accommodate buyers as quickly and courteously as possible so they do not feel they have to open a case and we can keep it in house and to be fair that usually works , 8 times out of ten anyway.

1970grave
Level 2
[ *  * ]
a quick rant to the auction mafia DBA eBay
'On 1st April I informed eBay that I had not received my property back from the original buyer. eBay then issued a refund from my account without authorisation. I had not received my property and I had not inspected my property. I managed to track my property to a sorting office and was extorted £40 for returned goods by customs as the buyer has incorrectly stated that my property was a 'GIFT' and not ' RETURN OF PERSONAL PROPERTY'. If eBay had waited as per their rules I would not have had to pay customs and cud have had the option to return my property back to the buyer so that the customs form be filled out correctly. I am an innocent party and I am not liable for the charge. I demand an immediate refund of £40 with damages for the tens of hours I have spent on this issue. eBays behaviour and lack of respect to their own rules have once again shown an attitude of disrespect to their loyal users and to their own rules. By:J'

RubberSoul21
Member Avatar
Level 2
[ *  * ]
1970grave,Apr 13 2017
06:15 PM
a quick rant to the auction mafia DBA eBay
'On 1st April I informed eBay that I had not received my property back from the original buyer. eBay then issued a refund from my account without authorisation. I had not received my property and I had not inspected my property. I managed to track my property to a sorting office and was extorted £40 for returned goods by customs as the buyer has incorrectly stated that my property was a 'GIFT' and not ' RETURN OF PERSONAL PROPERTY'. If eBay had waited as per their rules I would not have had to pay customs and cud have had the option to return my property back to the buyer so that the customs form be filled out correctly. I am an innocent party and I am not liable for the charge. I demand an immediate refund of £40 with damages for the tens of hours I have spent on this issue. eBays behaviour and lack of respect to their own rules have once again shown an attitude of disrespect to their loyal users and to their own rules. By:J'

Yes i agree with you. Sadly all ebay care about is profit.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · eBay Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply