Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aaarrgghh!
Topic Started: Apr 3 2016, 07:14 PM (325 Views)
voxish
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Just wanted to get this off my chest

I was bidding (using my iPhone) on an item which was going for a great price (I was prepared to bid a fair bit more because it had some parts that I needed); I set my bid for 16.66 expecting to pay probably a fiver, 8 seconds to go and just about to hit 'confirm' suddenly a message popped up. When I deleted it, I couldn't get back to my bid and the item sold for 1.04.

FFS :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rant over!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
voxish,Apr 3 2016
07:14 PM
Just wanted to get this off my chest

I was bidding (using my iPhone) on an item which was going for a great price (I was prepared to bid a fair bit more because it had some parts that I needed); I set my bid for 16.66 expecting to pay probably a fiver, 8 seconds to go and just about to hit 'confirm' suddenly a message popped up. When I deleted it, I couldn't get back to my bid and the item sold for 1.04.

FFS :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rant over!

been then done it share your pain !

voxish
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
I did say some very rude words and my iPhone was fortunate to land on the settee not the floor otherwise it could've cost me several hundred pounds!

joto1989
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Out of interest, what were you bidding on that went so cheap ?

voxish
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
joto1989,Apr 5 2016
12:22 AM
Out of interest, what were you bidding on that went so cheap ?

It was a faulty iPod touch - I needed some parts inside to fix another one! I've often picked up things like laptops and iPods which all they need is a bit of TLC, soldering or a new screen or battery. Same as with records, it's not that I'm doing it for a living or anything, it's the fact that I can.

With records it's the hunting down, with stuff it's problem solving and fixing.

joto1989
Level 2
[ *  * ]
voxish,Apr 6 2016
06:35 AM

And here's all us thinking you were getting a Beatle bargain for a quid !

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
joto1989,Apr 6 2016
02:42 PM
voxish,Apr 6 2016
06:35 AM

And here's all us thinking you were getting a Beatle bargain for a quid !

exactly, all my aaargh moments have been over vinyls, Beatles or otherwise lol...

still share the pain though

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · eBay Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply