Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pepper Mono - Nol Sold In The Uk
Topic Started: Feb 15 2016, 06:21 PM (636 Views)
yellowsubmariner
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Came across this one in my pile of to be sold.

Any thoughts re rarity or not? Looks like it has only had, in the words of Geesdee, one play, just about mint.

Many thanks guys.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Rarer than the standard yellow black mono by far but not as rare as the one box version In nice quality this is a very desirable LP. Should sell for quite some money in this condition. What sleeve does it come with ?

yellowsubmariner
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
servi,Feb 15 2016
06:25 PM
Rarer than the standard yellow black mono by far but not as rare as the one box version In nice quality this is a very desirable LP. Should sell for quite some money in this condition. What sleeve does it come with ?

Looks like the normal Mono one. No red inner but the standard cut out. It's in beautiful condition. I would imagine a top seller on Ebay could get a lot of it then?

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No "patents pending" on the sleeve, at the bottom ?
Yes, a top seller would get 200 or so for a NM, but not the standard sellers.

yellowsubmariner
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
servi,Feb 15 2016
06:34 PM
No "patents pending" on the sleeve, at the bottom ?
Yes, a top seller would get 200 or so for a NM, but not the standard sellers.

No patents pending, just Garrod & Lofthouse.

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yes these are very nice and collectable...

yellowsubmariner
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
muffmasterh,Feb 15 2016
09:30 PM
yes these are very nice and collectable...

Thanks Henry, here's hoping!

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, these are very rare and usually command a higher price if listed correctly. They were only around for a month or so after the 'Sold in the UK' statement was removed and the label changed to the silver design. By then everyone was buying in stereo and had moved on to Let It Be and Abbey Road, so hardly anybody bought them!

Funnily enough, I should be listing a '69 mono Rubber Soul with no SITUK this weekend all being well.

yellowsubmariner
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Mike,Feb 16 2016
01:30 PM
Yeah, these are very rare and usually command a higher price if listed correctly. They were only around for a month or so after the 'Sold in the UK' statement was removed and the label changed to the silver design. By then everyone was buying in stereo and had moved on to Let It Be and Abbey Road, so hardly anybody bought them!

Funnily enough, I should be listing a '69 mono Rubber Soul with no SITUK this weekend all being well.

Let's hope for the best for us both!

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yellowsubmariner,Feb 16 2016
03:12 PM
Mike,Feb 16 2016
01:30 PM

Let's hope for the best for us both!

the dates of the printing of the labels are anytime between c August 69 and c Jan 70, but that does not mean the labels were around either for as little or as long as that, as we know they were using 63 WTB mono labels from 1963 all the way to Jan 70 and BFS used the 64 mono labels all the way too.

That having been said the fact that its mono means it cannot have survived very long into 1970 and the fact it is mono copper bottoms its scarcity the same as all the other mono's of the same print date, PPM AHDN Help RS Revolver and this one.

They are very nice things to have. The stereo's are too but they are nothing like as rare in comparison to the mono's.

yellowsubmariner
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Decided just to stick it on a 5 day listing starting tonight.

Mike
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just saw the listing. Best of luck!

yellowsubmariner
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Mike,Feb 16 2016
06:59 PM
I just saw the listing. Best of luck!

Thanks Mike. Thought I might feel a bit sorry about selling these however I have all of the original UK mono/stereos in EX/M condition. Plus all of the UK singles and a complete solo collection as well. I can cope!

yellowsubmariner
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Got 180 for this, buyer in USA with good feedback so hopefully will not be coming back to bonnie Scotland! It is a beauty though.

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Congrats ! Not far from the 200 I estimated. I saw the listing and it is a beautful copy..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · eBay Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply