Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lost In Post
Topic Started: Feb 25 2015, 10:57 AM (779 Views)
evert180_0
Level 2
[ *  * ]
I'm hoping for some advice about a problem I have. I posted a copy of PPM to New York from the Uk on the 1st of Feb using Royal Mail tracked and signed for and it arrived in New York on the 4th ready for dispatch but hasn't moved from there since.The buyer has gone the formal route through ebay and is saying he doesn't want a refund he wants the record.I cant seem to find a way to speak to anyone at the Royal Mail to try and locate it they just offer compensation after 25 days. Seems strange that if it is tracked they wouldn't try to locate it.Has anyone else had this problem before.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

socorro
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I haven't encountered that but have you contacted the US Postal Service? It sounds like there may be a combination of laziness and lack of direct access to facilities on the part of Royal Mail. If RM has already made all the appropriate inquiries with USPS, there may not be anything you can do.

namralos
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Depending on how it was sent, Royal Mail will connect with either the US Postal Service or Federal Express (FedEx) at the other end. I have received records both ways. One could find out which company took the package and then write to them about it. Since FedEx usually delivers rapidly, I suspect it went to the USPS. The weather has been nasty in and around New York, so they may have accidentally lost it in all the snow.

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
YES terrible weather in the NE USA and it is affecting the hubs, be sure to send the tracking details to the buyer and if he goes " nuclear " and escalates the case be sure to download a copy of the docket.

I can understand the buyers frustration as there is a time limit on opening a case so they may have felt obliged to cover themselves, just keep talking, at some point the buyer will have to decide to call time on this and ask for a refund. Then it gets tricky, it could go either way on ebay but you will need to download that docket.

Hopefully it will arrive before it all escalates ....

yellowsubmariner
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
I Had a similar problem with two records I sent to Germany. Royal Mail tracking indicated for weeks that the German Postal Service had received the packet but the buyer had not.

Eventually it just came back to me with no reason given. I just refunded the buyer.

I have to say that I have encountered very few issues with international signed but I feel the seller's frustration at this situation.

evert180_0
Level 2
[ *  * ]
The tracking is now showing that the record has been delivered finally on the 27th. I have had no word from the buyer and he still has his case open on ebay so hopefully it has been delivered to him lol. I rang the Royal Mail on the 26th and they said that it was probably due to the bad weather and hopefully it would get there.I just have to hope that the buyer doesn't leave negative feedback now

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · eBay Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply