Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Beatles Collecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lying Ebayers
Topic Started: Mar 24 2014, 08:33 AM (1,424 Views)
jimboo
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
socorro,Jan 9 2015
01:43 PM
Is this ebay? I thought ebay had done away with negative feedback for buyers (a move I understand as a business proposition but disagree with as a matter of fairness).

I'm the seller, the guy is leaving negative feedback on sellers beating down the price, shipping etc, getting records free basically jet up to a year ago he was a top buyer it seems.
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ckLeftForOthers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

servi
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I would cancel the transaction and put the record back on the shelf for a few months. Never did that as a seller so not sure what the consequences are (if the buyer is able to leave feedback then), but it is an option that Ebay offers (scroll down in the "actions" menu next to the sold item).
Big chance of getting into trouble if you send the LP to this clown.

evert180_0
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Wow I'm glad I've managed to avoid that buyer.Surely ebay should get involved and ban him.

jimboo
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
servi,Jan 9 2015
08:09 PM
I would cancel the transaction and put the record back on the shelf for a few months. Never did that as a seller so not sure what the consequences are (if the buyer is able to leave feedback then), but it is an option that Ebay offers (scroll down in the "actions" menu next to the sold item).
Big chance of getting into trouble if you send the LP to this clown.

Well sent invoice - no answer. Sent reminder and requested payment no answer. Applied to Ebay to cancel order but still think I am going to end up with a negative feed back. :(

muffmasterh
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
if he doesn't pay you can get any negs expunged by ebay

and even if he does, if he has a track record of potential malicious feedback ebay look dimly on that too and may get any negs for you expunged regardlesss

AurelianDE
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Has anybody met this seller (available on ebay UK and DE)?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/BEATLES-Greatest-Ge...=item3f44e87730

Are they lying? Are they incompetent?

" At beabay, we possess an in-depth knowledge of Beatles Vinyl, meaning our prices have been carefully chosen and placed. "

Practically everything they write about this record is wrong (export copy, dating, rarity).

Their timeline:
" 2nd #01) Spring 1966, R/W/G Odeon, SMO 73 991 / ZTOX 5600
EXPORT Edition with YBEX Matrix" [the record here offered]
"#02) Fall 1966, R/W/G Odeon, SMO 73 991
Domestic Edition without "ZTOX" export cat ID "

Spring 66 is after July. "Domestic edition" is fall 68 and in no way more domestic than the previous one. First edition had ZTOX, too, of course. They make it look as if this record was unique with its "export matrix".

And then, they are based in Berlin, but have this to offer:

"IMPORTANT NOTE for GERMAN BIDDERS: Please constact us before bidding, for otherwise we will remove your bid without prior notice. This is in view of constantly recurring problems, often caused by language. It's NOT an offense. Collectors want harmony and consensus, not trouble. "

Great. They "don't want trouble", they say. I contacted them once, politely pointing out that one of their "rarities" was not so rare. That was when I thought their misdating a record was just an error that had escaped them. They replied that yes, some sources gave a different date, but others disagreed, and that after long discussions they had decided to go with the most reliable source. When I asked what that source was, that was the end of the conversation.

Ebay is a wonderful place. I wonder how many people pay their prices.

RockySassoon
Level 2
[ *  * ]
AurelianDE,Jan 19 2015
04:59 AM
Has anybody met this seller (available on ebay UK and DE)?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/BEATLES-Greatest-Ge...=item3f44e87730

I have browsed through his listings some time ago, but the prices put me off.

131 Euro for a 1977 1 C 072 Pepper? That's rather optimistic to say the least.

There are some dubious descriptions in his other listings as well - e.g. the MMT SMO EP becomes a "Club Sonderauflage".

Your conversation with the seller is quite revealing.

namralos
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The guy seems to be poorly informed.

The first pressing with SMO 83-991 is definitely harder to find than the second pressing. I see seconds all the time on eBay.

Second pressing (A): Fall, 1966 -- This one has a large catalog number, like the earlier records do. The covers still have the logo with the green border.

Second pressing (B): c. 1967 -- This pressing has both the YBEX and ZTOX numbers, and the catalog number is smaller. The covers still have the logo with the green border.

Second pressing ©: c. late 1968 or 1969 -- This pressing has the YBEX number moved to the right side, and there is no ZTOX number. The catalog number is small. The logo on the front cover has EMI in a box above Odeon, and no green border.

Third pressing: blue label with SMO- number.

Fourth pressing: blue label with 062- prefix. The blue labels from this point through c. 1980 are common as dirt.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · eBay Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply